I jumped on the doily bandwagon this week. Actually I jumped on it a while ago after seeing a ridiculous amount of cute doily projects on the blogosphere. After picking up an appropriately sized doily in the haul a couple of weeks ago, I was inspired to try this collar. I made a few changes to the original instructions.
1. Mine started unravelling as soon as I cut it, so I added bias tape to the neck and edge.
2. I used hat elastic to fashion a loop for he button to go through. Poppet pulled this off in about an hour, so I ended up pushing the button through the existing holes.
3. I messed up the cutting and both sides are a little uneven if I wear it Peter Pan style. As long as I wear it fastened at the back it fine!
Thank you to Noemie from The Sun was High for posting it. I will definitely try making another one. If you have a spare doily hanging around give it a try. If I can get it (almost) right anyone can!